when people say, "it'll go by fast". Because Geoff is apparently, as of last Wednesday, a 3rd year medical student. I'll be honest and say I didn't know if I would survive to get to this point! (Geoff--no, I never worried about him--I've always known he has what it takes.)
One of my first memories in San Antonio is at church, and a gal told me she was "a third year wife". That's what we are here....we're wives belonging to a year of schooling. Anyhow, this darling girl told me she was a third year wife and I couldn't even fathom the day when that would happen! Ha! I WAS super emotional (and pregnant) and nervous about being so far from home, and her comment was the proof I needed that people survived their husband's schooling (and the heat of Texas)!!
Geoff begins his OB/Gyn rotation beginning Monday. They say 3rd year is the most demanding of them all. So now that I have written my own pep talk, hopefully in a year from now I'll be saying, "That went by so fast."
Geoff begins his OB/Gyn rotation beginning Monday. They say 3rd year is the most demanding of them all. So now that I have written my own pep talk, hopefully in a year from now I'll be saying, "That went by so fast."
8 comments:
Wow, it has gone by fast. I can't believe he'll be Dr. Wood before we know it and we can start calling him in the middle of the night with all our medical concerns. He he, don't worry, we won't. But seriously, I'm glad you're surviving. I feel for you in Texas. Having grown up in Texas, I think people underestimate the effect of that kind of heat can have on you.
It is a funny thing that we refer to ourselves as wives of a school year!
Congrats on getting to 3rd year and good luck! Let us younger wive's know how it goes.
So exciting! Best of luck to your husband AND you!
Yea! Before you know it, you'll be a resident's wife. And I've heard that eventually, your husband graduates and you're a doctor's wife. I'll let you know if we ever get there!
I am sure you are a stunning "third year wife" I hope you said so during the good news minute today at church! :)
Maybe you should come back to Utah after you finish in Texas?!
Congrats on making it this far! And congrats to Geoff too!
COngrats on making it through the first two years! I remeber when Andy started Dental School. I thought 4 years was going to be so long. Now he has been out of a year! It helps to have little ones to keep you busy. Good luck with the next couple of years. :)
Oh how I love the wives of a school year world! So glad we can relate...even in the 'dental' world! ;) Congrats on being a 3rd year wife!! It does go by fast, doesn't it? Congrats on #2!! Hope the sickness is gone or will be SOON!
Post a Comment