Saturday, December 19, 2009

Flying with a toddler

Does it terrify anyone else like it does me?  I honestly think about it for weeks ahead of time.  Trying to come up with new activities, games, and snacks that will keep him busy.  Tonight we've been packing, and Geoff finally asked me why it stresses me out so bad.  I couldn't think of anything profound to say.  It just DOES!!!  Hopefully tomorrow's short flight will be easy.  This is, after all, my last time flying with just ONE child!  Now that sounds exhausting.

9 comments:

Cliff and Courtney's Family said...

Believe me we all feel your pain. But it is amazing how sometimes kids just come through and surprise us with good behavior...of course mine never do but I have heard others say so:) Just kidding! Hope your flight went well at least you won't have to worry about flying for another couple of weeks!

Charly said...

Good luck! Have a great trip!

Marnie said...

I hear ya! Good luck with Hugh. Hopefully he surprises you with a Christmas present of good behavior.

Our Family said...

Just don't stress that people around you will be bothered! It comes with the territory. My 3.5 yr old went to sit with a random lady and visit when I used the restroom on the plane!
I like to pack new dollar store toys to keep their interest.

Tim and Jennifer said...

Kyle did awesome! We did a puzzle, played with play dough and watched Mickey Mouse on Tim's laptop. We also had a few "special" snacks. You'll do great!

Lis said...

Good Luck! Or I guess I HOPE IT WENT WELL since youre probably to your destination now! I always freak and then its easier than I thought. Maybe because ive had some really BAD times... The older they are the better. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Jancisco said...

You'll be great because you are patient. that was definitely the key on my trip home in November--just don't be in a rush and you'll keep calm.

Emily said...

It stresses me out like crazy! Good luck! I hope it all goes well!

Clayton and Amber said...

It was so good to see you the other day and catch up. I found you from Tawni's blog again! Yay! Hope your flight home will be good too :)